Terraform is an infrastructure as code tool that lets you define both cloud and on-premises resources in human-readable configuration files that you can version, reuse, and share.
TiDB Cloud Terraform Provider is a plugin that allows you to use Terraform to manage TiDB Cloud resources, such as clusters, backups, and restores.
If you are looking for a simple way to automate resource provisioning and your infrastructure workflow, you can try out TiDB Cloud Terraform Provider, which provides you with the following capacities:
- Get your project information.
- Get cluster specification information, such as supported cloud providers, regions, and node sizes.
- Manage your TiDB cluster, including creating, scaling, pausing, and resuming a cluster.
- Create and delete a backup for your cluster.
- Create a restore task for your cluster.
- A TiDB Cloud account
- Terraform version >= 1.0
- Go version >= 1.18 (required only if you want to build TiDB Cloud Terraform Provider locally)
TiDB Cloud supports the following resources and data sources:
tidbcloud_backup(updates are not supported)
tidbcloud_restore(updates and deletion are not supported)
To get all the available configurations for the resources and data sources, see this configuration documentation.