- Quick Start
- Perform a PoC
- Use Your Cluster
- Create a TiDB Cluster
- Connect to Your TiDB Cluster
- Set Up VPC Peering Connections
- Monitor a TiDB Cluster
- Scale a TiDB Cluster
- Use an HTAP Cluster
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Tune Performance
- Upgrade a TiDB Cluster
- Delete a TiDB Cluster
- Migrate Data
- Import Sample Data
- Migrate Data into TiDB
- Export Data from TiDB
- Manage User Access
- Release Notes
This page lists the release notes of TiDB Cloud in 2021.
- Fix the import error that occurs when importing more than 1000 files to TiDB Cloud
- Fix the issue that TiDB Cloud allows to import data to existing tables that already have data
- Upgrade TiDB Cloud to TiDB v5.3.0 for Developer Tier
- Improve the monitoring ability for Developer Tier
- Support setting the auto backup time the same as the creation time of a Developer Tier cluster
- Fix the TiKV crash issue due to full disk in Developer Tier
- Fix the vulnerability of HTML injection
Launch Developer Tier, which offers you a one-year free trial of TiDB Cloud
Each Developer Tier cluster is a full-featured TiDB cluster and comes with the following:
- One TiDB shared node
- One TiKV shared node (with 10 GiB of OLTP storage)
- One TiFlashbeta shared node (with 10 GiB of OLAP storage)
Get started here.
- Open user registration to personal email accounts
- Support importing or migrating from Amazon S3 or GCS to TiDB Cloud
- Support viewing and exporting billing details of TiDB Cloud, including the cost of each service and each project
- Fix several issues of TiDB Cloud internal features
- Upgrade the default TiDB version from 5.2.0 to 5.2.1 for newly deployed clusters. See 5.2.1 release notes for detailed changes in 5.2.1.
- Upgrade the default TiDB version from 5.0.2 to 5.2.0 for newly deployed clusters. See 5.2.0 and 5.1.0 release notes for details of TiDB 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 features.
- Fix several issues of TiDB Cloud internal features.
- Fix several issues of TiDB Cloud internal features. This release does not bring any user behavior changes.
- Support organization role management. Organization owners can configure permissions of organization members as needed.
- Support the isolation of multiple projects within an organization. Organization owners can create and manage projects as needed, and the members and instances between projects support network and authority isolation.
- Optimize the bill to show the billing of each item in the current month and previous month.
- Optimize the user experience of adding credit cards
- Strengthen the security management of credit cards
- Fix the issue that the cluster recovered from backup cannot be charged normally
- Upgrade the default TiDB version from 4.0.11 to 5.0.2 for newly deployed clusters. The upgrade brings significant performance and functionality improvements. See here for details.
- Fix the Select Region not working issue on the TiDB Cloud Pricing page
- Fix the parse errors of the parquet files when importing the Aurora snapshot into a TiDB instance
- Fix the Estimated Hours not being updated issue when PoC users create a cluster and change the cluster configuration
- China is added to the Country/Region drop-down list when you sign up for an account
- Fix the mounting EBS error when importing the Aurora snapshot into a TiDB instance
TiDB Cloud is now in Public Preview. You can sign up and select one of the trial options:
- 48-Hour Free Trial
- 2-Week PoC Free Trial
- Preview On-Demand
- Email verification and anti-robot reCAPTCHA have been added to the sign up process
- You can apply for a PoC by filling out an application form in the console
- You can import sample data into TiDB Cloud cluster through UI
- Clusters with the same name are not allowed to avoid confusion
- You can give feedback by clicking Give Feedback in the Support menu
- Data backup and restore features are available for PoC and on-demand trial options
- Points calculator and points usage dashboard have been added for Free Trial and PoC. Data storage and transfer costs are waived for all trial options