This document introduces the experimental features of TiDB in different versions. It is NOT recommended to use these features in the production environment.
- Randomly sample about 10000 rows of data to quickly build statistics (Introduced in v3.0)
- Improve the stability of the optimizer's choice of indexes (Introduced in v5.0)
- Extend the statistics feature by collecting the multi-column order dependency information.
- Refactor the statistics module, including deleting the
CMSKetchand the histogram, and adding NDV information for histogram buckets of each table index. For details, see descriptions about Statistics -
tidb_analyze_version = 2.
Elastic scheduling feature. It enables the TiDB cluster to dynamically scale out and in on Kubernetes based on real-time workloads, which effectively reduces the stress during your application's peak hours and saves overheads. See Enable TidbCluster Auto-scaling for details. (Introduced in v4.0)
- Use SQL interface to set placement rules for data (Introduced in v5.3)
- List Partition (Introduced in v5.0)
- List COLUMNS Partition (Introduced in v5.0)
- Dynamic Pruning Mode for Partitioned Tables. (Introduced in v5.1)
- The expression index feature. The expression index is also called the function-based index. When you create an index, the index fields do not have to be a specific column but can be an expression calculated from one or more columns. This feature is useful for quickly accessing the calculation-based tables. See Expression index for details. (Introduced in v4.0)
- Generated Columns (Introduced in v2.1)
- User-Defined Variables (Introduced in v2.1)
- JSON data type and JSON functions (Introduced in v2.1)
ALTER TABLEto modify multiple columns or indexes (Introduced in v5.0.0)
- Cascades Planner: a cascades framework-based top-down query optimizer (Introduced in v3.0)
- Table Lock (Introduced in v4.0.0)
- Persistently store configuration parameters in PD, and support dynamically modifying configuration items. (Introduced in v4.0)
- Integrate TiCDC with Kafka Connect (Confluent Platform) (Introduced in v5.0)
- DM OpenAPI (Introduced in v5.3)
- Back up Raw KV (Introduced in v3.1)
- Green GC (Introduced in v5.0)