You are viewing the documentation of an older version of the TiDB database (TiDB v2.1).
It is recommended that you use the latest stable version of the TiDB database.
On December 23, 2016, TiDB RC1 is released. See the following updates in this release:
- The write speed has been improved.
- The disk space usage is reduced.
- Hundreds of TBs of data can be supported.
- The stability is improved and TiKV can support a cluster with 200 nodes.
- Supports the Raw KV API and the Golang client.
- The scheduling strategy framework is optimized and now the strategy is more flexible and reasonable.
- The support for
labelis added to support Cross Data Center scheduling.
- PD Controller is provided to operate the PD cluster more easily.
- The following features are added or improved in the SQL query optimizer:
- Eager aggregation
- More detailed
- Parallelization of the
- Optimization of the subquery performance
- Optimization of the conditional push-down
- Optimization of the Cost Based Optimizer (CBO) framework
- The implementation of the time related data types are refactored to improve the compatibility with MySQL.
- More built-in functions in MySQL are supported.
- The speed of the
add indexstatement is enhanced.
- The following statements are supported:
- Use the
CHANGE COLUMNstatement to change the name of a column.
CHANGE COLUMNof the
ALTER TABLEstatement for some of the column type transfer.
- Use the
Loaderis added to be compatible with the
mydumperdata format in Percona and provides the following functions:
- Multi-thread import
- Retry if error occurs
- Breakpoint resume
- Targeted optimization for TiDB
- The tool for one-click deployment is added.
Was this page helpful?