- Key Features
- Horizontal Scalability
- MySQL Compatible Syntax
- Replicate from and to MySQL
- Distributed Transactions with Strong Consistency
- Cloud Native Architecture
- Minimize ETL with HTAP
- Fault Tolerance & Recovery with Raft
- Automatic Rebalancing
- Deployment and Orchestration with Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker
- JSON Support
- Spark Integration
- Read Historical Data Without Restoring from Backup
- Fast Import and Restore of Data
- Hybrid of Column and Row Storage
- SQL Plan Management
- Open Source
- Online Schema Changes
- Key Features
- Get Started
- From Binary Tarball
- Orchestrated Deployment
- Geographic Redundancy
- SQL Language Structure
- Data Types
- Numeric Types
- Date and Time Types
- String Types
- Functions and Operators
- Function and Operator Reference
- Type Conversion in Expression Evaluation
- Control Flow Functions
- String Functions
- Numeric Functions and Operators
- Date and Time Functions
- Bit Functions and Operators
- Cast Functions and Operators
- Encryption and Compression Functions
- Information Functions
- JSON Functions
- Aggregate (GROUP BY) Functions
- Miscellaneous Functions
- Precision Math
- SQL Statements
ADMIN CANCEL DDL
ADMIN CHECKSUM TABLE
ADMIN CHECK [TABLE|INDEX]
ADMIN SHOW DDL [JOBS|QUERIES]
CREATE TABLE LIKE
SET [NAMES|CHARACTER SET]
SET [GLOBAL|SESSION] <variable>
SHOW CHARACTER SET
SHOW [FULL] COLUMNS FROM
SHOW CREATE TABLE
SHOW [FULL] FIELDS FROM
SHOW INDEXES [FROM|IN]
SHOW INDEX [FROM|IN]
SHOW KEYS [FROM|IN]
SHOW [FULL] PROCESSSLIST
SHOW [FULL] TABLES
SHOW TABLE STATUS
SHOW [GLOBAL|SESSION] VARIABLES
- System Databases
- Key Monitoring Metrics
- Best Practices
- TiDB Binlog
- TiDB Lightning
- All Releases
This guide describes how to deploy a TiDB cluster offline using TiDB Ansible.
Before you start, make sure that you have:
A download machine
- The machine must have access to the Internet in order to download TiDB Ansible, TiDB and related packages.
- For Linux operating system, it is recommended to install CentOS 7.3 or later.
Several target machines and one Control Machine
- For system requirements and configuration, see Prepare the environment.
- It is acceptable without access to the Internet.
Take the following steps to install system dependencies on the Control Machine installed with the CentOS 7 system.
pipoffline installation package on the download machine and then upload it to the Control Machine.
This offline installation package includes
sshpass, and only supports the CentOS 7 system.
Install system dependencies on the Control Machine.
tar -xzvf ansible-system-rpms.el7.tar.gz && cd ansible-system-rpms.el7 && chmod u+x install_ansible_system_rpms.sh && ./install_ansible_system_rpms.sh
After the installation is finished, you can use
pip -Vto check whether it is successfully installed.
pip 8.1.2 from /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)
pipis already installed to your system, make sure that the version is 8.1.2 or later. Otherwise, compatibility error occurs when you install TiDB Ansible and its dependencies offline.
Currently, all the versions of Ansible from 2.4 to 2.7.11 are supported. The versions of Ansible and the related dependencies are listed in the
tidb-ansible/requirements.txt file. The following installation steps take Ansible 2.5 as an example.
Download Ansible 2.5 offline installation package on the download machine and then upload it to the Control Machine.
Install TiDB Ansible and its dependencies offline.
tar -xzvf ansible-2.5.0-pip.tar.gz && cd ansible-2.5.0-pip/ && chmod u+x install_ansible.sh && ./install_ansible.sh
View the version of TiDB Ansible.
After TiDB Ansible is installed, you can view the version using
The relationship between the
tidb-ansible version and the TiDB version is as follows:
|TiDB version||tidb-ansible tag||Note|
|2.0 version||v2.0.10, v2.0.11||The stable version 2.0 is not recommended for new users to use in the production environment.|
|2.1 version||v2.1.x||The stable version 2.1 can be used in the production environment.|
Install TiDB Ansible on the download machine.
Use the following method to install Ansible online on the download machine installed with the CentOS 7 system. After Ansible is installed, you can view the version using
yum install epel-release && yum install ansible curl && ansible --version
Make sure that the version of Ansible is 2.5, otherwise a compatibility issue occurs.
Download TiDB Ansible.
git clone -b $tag https://github.com/pingcap/tidb-ansible.git
$tagwith the value of the selected tag version, such as
- It is required to use the corresponding tidb-ansible version when you deploy and upgrade the TiDB cluster. If you deploy TiDB using a mismatched version of tidb-ansible (such as using tidb-ansible v2.1.4 to deploy TiDB v2.1.6), an error might occur.
local_prepare.ymlplaybook, and download TiDB binary online to the download machine.
cd tidb-ansible && ansible-playbook local_prepare.yml
After running the above command, copy the
tidb-ansiblefolder to the
/home/tidbdirectory of the Control Machine. The ownership authority of the file must be the
If the time and time zone of all your target machines are same, the NTP service is on and is normally synchronizing time, you can skip this step. See How to check whether the NTP service is normal.
You do not need to run the playbook in
You can use the
Reportbutton on the Grafana Dashboard to generate a PDF file. This function depends on the
fontconfigpackage and English fonts. To use this function, download the offline installation package, upload it to the
grafana_serversmachine, and install it. This package includes
open-sans-fonts, and only supports the CentOS 7 system.
tar -xzvf grafana-font-rpms.el7.tar.gz && cd grafana-font-rpms.el7 && chmod u+x install_grafana_font_rpms.sh && ./install_grafana_font_rpms.sh
- Deploy TiDB Offline Using TiDB Ansible
- Step 1: Install system dependencies on the Control Machine
- Step 2: Create the tidb user on the Control Machine and generate the SSH key
- Step 3: Install TiDB Ansible and its dependencies offline on the Control Machine
- Step 4: Download TiDB Ansible and TiDB packages on the download machine
- Step 5: Configure the SSH mutual trust and sudo rules on the Control Machine
- Step 6: Install the NTP service on the target machines
- Step 7: Configure the CPUfreq governor mode on the target machine
- Step 8: Mount the data disk ext4 filesystem with options on the target machines
- Step 9: Edit the inventory.ini file to orchestrate the TiDB cluster
- Step 10: Deploy the TiDB cluster
- Test the TiDB cluster