TiDB Operator 1.4 introduces the following key features, which helps you manage TiDB clusters and the tools more easily in terms of extensibility and usability.
Due to the change in #4683, the feature of modifying storage is disabled by default. If you want to resize the PVC for a component, you need to first enable this feature.
Due to the change in #4493, if you deploy TiCDC without setting the
log-file configuration item, the rolling upgrade of TiDB Operator to v1.4.0-alpha.1 and later versions will cause TiCDC to be rolling recreated.
- Support managing TiDB Dashboard in a separate
- Support backup and restore based on Amazon EBS volume-snapshot.
- Support scaling in or out multiple TiKV and TiFlash Pods at the same time.
- Support restoring a cluster to a specific time point from a snapshot backup or a log backup using BR.
- Support modifying the IOPS and throughput of AWS EBS storage used by a TiDB cluster.
- Support TiProxy as an experimental feature.
- Support configuring Liveness Probe for TiKV and PD.
- Support automatically setting the location labels for TiDB.
- Support mapping the short labels in the PD location labels to the well-known Kubernetes labels.
- Support customizing the Pod container configuration using the
- Support configuring the
--check-requirementsparameter for BR.
- Add metric port for TiFlash